Saturday, December 6, 2008

So what do you do, when you get up at 4:30 in the morning and your 14 year old girl is up talking to who knows who on facebook? I can tell you what I did--I shut down that little operation. You think you know your kids and then they go and do stuff like this. I went back to bed after confiscating the computer and basically grounding her from it until further notice...we'll see how that goes since she has about 5 hours on it tomorrow to get her assignments turned in for school.
Anyway, I'm lying in bed and now I can't sleep wondering who she was talking to and what the heck about. So, I went out and got a laptop and went and read everything she has written in the last few weeks. Do you know who she was talking to????? Steve Young--no, not the football player, but one of our missionaries that has been home since summer. It was all harmless stuff, but sheeez, can't a girl get some sleep? I thought I was ready for teenage life, but when it comes to your own kids--so much different. It's so easy to look at someone from the outside and think you know how to fix all of their problems, but when it's your own problems....so much different. It's like having blinders on and you can only see what is right in front of you when everything is really happening around you. So what would you do???? Please feel free to let me know!

2 comments:

Kyla said...

14 talking to a return missionary?? wow! good luck with the next few years!

Paige said...

Hey Melanie! Not sure if you really check this blog, since you haven't posted in a while....
Glad the 4:30 chat/teenage thing isn't me...yet. That's really cool that you homeschool.